Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Warriors for Jesus Ruth 1:16-17

..."Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you will go, I will go; wherever you will live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you will die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us."

Ruth 1:16-17


Do you see how much Ruth truly cared about Naomi? She didn't want to leave her, and seek a new life and husband. Instead she chose to leave the only home she had ever known and travel with her widowed mother-in-law. How awesome is that?

That's the kind of relationship we all should have with each other, but most importantly with God. We should care about Him enough to never want to let Him go. We should care about our current relationships with others to never want to let them go.

But,sadly, there's always going to be something that separates us from the Lord. Statan will be there, whispering in our ears, encouraging us to sin. And at times, we will give in because we were born with a sin nature. It a given that from birth we will sin. And sin is what separates us from a relationship and life with the Most High.


You have to fight. Fight Satan! Fight Sin! Don't let them win and damage your relationship with God. Don't let them win and cast you from His sight forever. Would you rather see the golden gates oh Heaven, or the fiery pits of Hell? I'm sorry if that's blunt and harsh but it's the truth. We're sitting on a fence here, and we have to make a choice, cause in the end there ain't gonna be no fence.

Love God with all your heart, strength, soul, and mind. Take Jesus as your savior and cast away sin. Follow God for all the rest of your life wherever He takes you, and don't be afraid of anything. Go where he goes, live where He lives. His people are your people, and he is your God. Keep the faith, keep the fight against the devil going on strong. And love your God.


Song of the Day: I Will Follow You by Chris Tomlin

Prayer:

Lord God, I pray for your mercy, for your forgiveness. I screwed up again, and I want to make it right with you. I've done things that I shouldn't have, and for that I'm sorry. I want to follow you wherever you go, and I know that I don't deserve it so thank you for sending Your Son to take my place on the Cross. I know I'm gonna see you when I reach those pearly gates, and I can't wait. Love you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment