Monday, February 27, 2012

Warriors for Jesus Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you future and a hope."

Jeremiah 29:11

I was raised in a Christian home, and I've been going to church for as long as I can remember. I became a member of our local Methodist church shortly after moving to my hometown. I've been going to said church for over a decade now. I'm an active member of the Senior High youth group, and I went through conformation several years ago. I've been a reborn Christian for several years now, as well.

To all my fellow Christians, teen and otherwise, out there reading this, at any point in your spiritual lives, have you just watched, read, seen, or experienced something so powerful it just changed your whole Christian viewpoint? I experienced such a thing a few months ago when I watched the new movie, Soul Surfer. AnnaSophia Robb's real-life character, Bethany Hamilton is attacked by a shark and loses her left arm. She's a surfer looking to make the pro circuit, and after the attack it doesn't seem likely that she'll ever surf the same level she used to again.

But while faced with the hardship, the paparazzi, and the loss of her dream her faith stays strong. Not many non-Christians would understand something like this. If something really bad happens to a Christian family, or even a non-Christian family they would be like, "Why should I believe in a God who would let something like this happen. He's supposed to help people, He's supposed to protect his people. Why should I believe in a God who is so uncaring?"

But that is where they are wrong. God cares so much about you and me that he came down to Earth as the Son of a Virgin and went through the pain and humiliation of being crucified on the cross just so we could have a chance to go be with him in heaven. Everything happens according to God's plan, even the terrible stuff, and you can choose to embrace and lean on God, or you can choose to be bitter and place the blame on Him.

Bethany, both in real life and the movie stayed true to the Lord. She never lost her faith, in fact it grew stronger. That's what I wish we all could do. Take the situations that God places us in, and use them for His glory. It's all about choice. You make the choice to come to the Lord, you make the choice to lean on Him. God is not going to force you into believing anything, He just wants you to know that He loves you so much and he will love you to the end of time.

If something bad has happened to you, or to someone you know, pray about it. Give it up to God. He's always there to listen whatever the situation, and even if the answer isn't always the one you want He won't leave you hanging.

God has a plan for all of us, and even if at a bad time it seems like He's abandoned you, He's there. And better times will come if you keep the faith and trust in Him. I saw Bethany (Both AnnaSophia and the real Bethany) stay strong in her beliefs and give even more to the Lord then she ever had. Even in the hospital right after the attack, she said, "I don't know what plans God has for me but I trust Him." The wording might not be exact, but it was something along those lines.

God might not always be clear, but if there is anything that I have ever learned, in church, at camp, youth group, or any other Christian function it's that God will never stop loving me, loving you. He knows everything. He knows what I feel, what I think. And he knows what you feel and think. He knows us, He loves us. And He's never gonna stop. So give yourself to Him today, or reaffirm your faith, and join the ranks of warriors for Jesus.


Song of the Day: Blessed be the name of the Lord

Prayer:

Hey God, I love you. I know I've messed up, and I know I'll mess up even more soon, and I just want to say I'm sorry. Thank you so much for giving me a chance for enternal life, because I know I don't deserve it. And I know that sometimes life is hard, but even when it is hard I will trust in you. You give and take away, blessed be Your name.

God's there. And He's waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment