Saturday, January 4, 2014

The BF

I have a BF. His name is Sam, and I love him.

But we're not dating.

I can hear what you're thinking, all the way through the web and my computer screen.

Didn't she just say that he was her BF?

Why, yes, yes I did.

So why aren't they dating if she calls him her BF?

It's simple really. He's not my boyfriend. He's my best friend. There is a really big difference.

Truth: Sam is good looking. He's got good character, and he's a great guy. Most importantly, he's got a great love for the Lord.

(The first is a bonus, the rest are requirements)

So why aren't they dating?

Because even though I know all those things, it would be like dating my brother. Gross.

(Sam, I love ya man. But eww.)

I think that teenagers today are way to concerned about one meaning for BF that they forget the other.

Sam is amazing. I've known him for more than half my life. He's my twin, the Sam to my Frodo, and I would walk through fire for him. He listens to me when I need him to, helps me out. He's there for me. And I'm there for him.

I think that to many people care about one meaning for BF and, because of this, forget about the other definition.

Someone asked me once if I was Sam's girlfriend. My response was to look at the person like he was crazy and laugh. And then tell Sam who proceeded to laugh with me.

Yes, I am Sam's girl friend. I am a friend who happens to be of the female gender.

And that is totally okay. It's not weird at all.

So don't forget the BF stands for more than one thing. And in my opinion, the version I use is the most important.


<3 br="">

 

No comments:

Post a Comment