Saturday, January 11, 2014

You are beautful

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius got it right the first time.

Some days, I don't bother to get dressed. I brush my teeth, put my hair up and call it good. I don't put makeup on unless I'm going somewhere, and even then I rarely put on more than eyeliner and lip gloss. Maybe some eye-shadow. Maybe.

In fact, I only every do full on, foundation and all makeup if I have a competition or a formal banquet to go to.

I wear jeans and tee shirts the majority of the time. Around the house, I wear shorts and sweats and hoodies. Half the time, by hair isn't perfect and I have ink all over my hands. Some days I forget to brush my hair.

And I'm beautiful.

I am so tired of people letting the world define what is beautiful. The world lies, okay?

Beauty is almost abstract. What is beautiful to one person may not be pretty to the next. And that's okay. We are all entitled to our own opinions. It's a free country.

But what I hate is when people call other people ugly. And weird. And not normal. I hate it when anyone calls anybody any name for that matter. It's just not right.

Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world.

But maybe it would be a little more perfect if we stop letting society tell us what we should look like and who we should be.

Decide for yourself.

Be the you you want to be.

And to whoever is reading this, you are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment