Monday, May 27, 2013

College Worries

I'm a junior in high school. I have one more year before graduation.

This is where I typically start to panic. Right when I hit the end of this thought.

There's so much to worry about it seems.
  1. Earning all of my credits before next summer
  2. Applying to all the scholarships and financial aid programs that I qualify for
  3. Crunching the numbers to see which school I can afford
  4. Making sure the schools I can afford are the ones that I wish to attend
  5. Making sure those schools have the required courses for my intended major
  6. Insuring that the school I end up going to isn't that far from home
  7. Looking for the proper living situation
  8. Affording the proper living situation
  9. Checking out the meal plan
  10. Applying for marching band
  11. Applying for music scholarships
You know, I could keep going. The list is really endless. But, for the sake of my sanity, let's just stop there.

There's so much to worry about, so much to do. I can't really wrap my head around it. I'm still having a hard time believing that I'm graduating next year. 

But every time it seems like I'm about to lose it, I remember this verse:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding,
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your path straight. 

That's from Proverbs, the third chapter, fifth and sixth verses.

We don't have to worry about this stuff, whether it's college, work, our home lives. God will see us through.

So my anxiety doesn't even really exist anymore. I still get worried, I mean come on, I'm human. But I've got someone looking out for me who takes all my worries away.

No comments:

Post a Comment