Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Plans

 Plans. That's a big word. By now most of my friends know where they are going to go, what they are going to do, how they are going to pay for college. They have their lives planned. They ask me where I'm going and all I can say is, "Dude, I don't know."

Me? My current plan is to apply for as many scholarships as I qualify for. And get my drivers license. And get a part-time job while finishing high school. That's about it for now. I'll figure out where I go from there.

I'm scared. I freely admit that I'm scared, that I'm terrified even. In a little over a year I'll be a college student, living on my own. I'll be working, studying, and trying to maintain a social life. It's going to be a change, one that, while I may look forward to, I still regard with apprehension.

I am a little bit excited as well. I've been waiting or years to finally finish my education and make my way into the world. But while I want to grow up and do all these things, I wish I could go back to when my biggest worry was whether or not I had done my chores or asking what was for dinner.

These days, I worry a lot. I worry about money, about getting my drivers license, and about college. I'm constantly looking at the date and wondering about the scholarship applications that I've turned in, or the ones that I plan to turn in in the near future.

That's the one thing I'm not worried about, where I'm going that is. I don't worry about that part. I just worry over how I'm going to get there. But where I'm going, to me, doesn't really matter.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "Plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11    

 I worry and I plan for the future, but ultimately it's not up to me. God's got a purpose and a plan for this soul, and while I may be impatient He will reveal it in His own time, when it is time for me to know it. So while I may worry anyway, in truth, I don't need to and I shouldn't worry at all. God's taking care of me. Because God has a plan for all of us. We just have to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment